Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cold Run With Ducks

According to the tracking device GPS smartphone I’ve been strapping to my arm, I ran 12.4 miles today. Almost a half-marathon. It was cold, but not as cold and windy as it could have been, and I managed to follow the open track along the canal without freezing any parts off.

This little smartphone’s pretty handy. Music, GPS, photography and video, plus a keyboard for word processing and note synchronizing? I kind of regret being such a curmudgeon about them for so long. The things are made for jogging.

Here’s another photograph to convey a bit of the joy I feel when running.

SnowyPath

Most of those footprints are mine. I only encountered three other people along the whole route.

There were a bunch of ducks clucking away in one of the bends of the canal.

I’m not sure what the story was with these guys. The males were very dark in color and the females very light—or maybe it’s the other way round? Anyone know what they are?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice place to run. Reminds me of my summer trip to Rock Island IL when I could walk, run, and wish I had my bicycle to bike, along the mighty Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete