Friday, September 28, 2012

Typewriter Themed Desktop Wallpapers

A few typewriter themed desktop wallpapers for you guys, all at 1920 by 1080.

Something a little abstract and soothing. (Really looks better full sized.)

My personal favorite.

A little more true to life.
Because who doesn't like the colors of rust and oil, in the fall?

Anyone care to take a guess at the machine? (Answer to come on Saturday.)

Sometimes I like messing about with the photo software, and all these gears and wheels can make semi-abstract art from so many different angles. I'll probably post more of these in the future. Any requests (machines or monitor resolution sizes) let me know, I'll have a go at it.

#

On an administrative note, I think I've got those capchas turned off, and I think I figured out why my larger typecasts wouldn't display at a legible size. Something called lightbox in the blogger settings. I've turned that off, too, and now I can click on images to see them in full size. Which means legible typecasts with regular margins just a click away.

Now I'm hoping these images will upload at their full resolution. Will continue to tinker if not...

UPDATE: Blogger seems to shrink them a bit, and compress the files to half-size. But they're still big! If you'd like a full 1080p render email me at winston.alden@gmail.com and I could send you one. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I had a guess about the make and it was confirmed by the file names.

    Now let's see if the captcha is off... if not, I'll post a followup comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it, I guess I forgot to disable clever cheating on the blog! I guess it's a good thing I'm not offering prizes...

    ReplyDelete